Spring League 2016
Congratulations David on a superb score of 39 points to become this year’s Spring League Champion.
The minor places were a very closely fought contest and a count back was needed to separate this year’s captain Johnny Craven and the interclub team manager Richard Gladney on 37 points.
Well done to all who took part.
- Singles event run in categories.
- The category handicaps will be as follows;
- Cat 1 = up to 12
- Cat 2 = 13-18
- Cat 3 = 19+
- The competition format is Stableford (points)
- The first 4 weekends will be qualifying rounds of the league to get into the Finals.
- Your best 3 scores will count.
- The top 50% of players in each category will qualify for the Finals.
Top 3 Scores out of 4 Count for Each Player
- The best 3 scores out of the 4 qualifying weekends will determine your league position and qualification into the Semi-Finals.
- If there is a tie at the end of the League Section for any position, the 4th best score will come into play and so on, until a winner is declared.
- In the Finals it will be down to the back 9 etc. to declare a winner.
Knock-out Stage Semi-Finals/Finals:
- Week 5 will be the Final of the Spring League 2016.
- The player with the highest points in the Final will be crowned champion.
- No scores are carried over into the Final.
Registering a Score
- Posting a card for the league is confined to cards submitted from golf played during weekend club competitions. (Saturday or Sunday)
- The League format is run simultaneously with the weekend club competitions.
- You enter the individual weekend competition as normal, pay the weekend competition entry fee and your score will also be recorded in the League.
- In the interest of fairness, Players can only enter one card per weekend.
- If you play twice over the weekend. Your score on the first day of play will count.
- If you only play one dayover the weekend regardless of which day it is, your score will automatically be included.
After each weekend, the scores will be tallied and the league table will be sent out in email format.
Weather affecting Play
If bad weather affects the course the following rules will apply.
- If the green keepers declare the course unplayable and the club competition is unable to be played or completed on either Saturday or Sunday, scorecards for the league on that weekend cannot be accepted and therefore the league for that weekend will be null and void.
- If the green keepers declare one or more holes out of play on any given day and the committee decide to still have a competition then the League for that weekend will stand.
- If we have inclement weather on any given weekend and the course is still open and the competition has not been cancelled scores will count for the league even if some members decide not to finish their round.
- If a weekend is null and void, the League Section will just be reduced to the best 2 out of 3 etc. If more than 2 weekends are null and void, the League Positions will be decided by your accumulative total of the rounds you have played within the 4 week period
- To register for the Spring League, envelopes will be provided at reception.
- You must PRINT your name and handicap on the outside of the envelope and insert the entry fee into the envelope and seal it. Then place it into competitions score card box at reception.
- Only envelopes in the box with all details and entry fee included will be entered into the League.
- The closing date for entries is Friday 29th January 2016
- No entries will be accepted after this date.
- The entry fee into the League is €10.
- All funds raised through entry fees will go towards purchasing prizes for the winners. The entry fee must be paid when registering for the competition.
- Failure to pay the entry fee will preclude you from entering the league.
Prizes will be awarded to the winner of the Spring League 2016 and also to each Category Winner. The Category Winners will be the players with the most points in each category at the end of the League Section of the competition.