Winter League 2019
League Table Queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter to Summer League
Details of the Winter/Spring League for 2019. The league will commence on weekend of 12th January and is scheduled to run until 31st March 2019.
- Singles event run in categories.
- The category handicaps will be as follows;
- Category 1- up to 10: Category 2- 11-15: Category 3- 16+
- The competition format is Stableford
Top 6 Scores out of 11 will count for Each Player
- The best 6 scores out of the 11 qualifying weekends will determine your final result
- If there is a tie at the end of the League the 7th best score will come into play and so on, until a winner is declared.
Registering a Score
- Posting a card for the league is confined to cards submitted from golf played during weekend club competitions. (Saturday or Sunday)
- The League format is run simultaneously with the weekend club competitions.
- You enter the individual weekend competition as normal, pay the weekend competition entry fee and your score will also be recorded in the League.
- In the interest of fairness, Players can only enter one card per weekend.
- If you play twice over the weekend. Your score on the first day of play will count.
- If you only play one day over the weekend regardless of which day it is, your score will automatically be included.
After each weekend, the scores will be tallied and the league table will be updated on the members’ website. https://www.castleknockmembersclub.com/winterspring/
Weather affecting Play
If bad weather affects the course the following rules will apply.
- If the green keepers declare the course unplayable and the club competition is unable to be played or completed on either Saturday or Sunday, scorecards for the league on that weekend cannot be accepted and therefore the league for that weekend will be null and void.
- If the green keepers declare one or more holes out of play on any given day and the committee decides to still have a competition then the League for that weekend will stand.
- If we have inclement weather on a given weekend but the course is open and the competition has not been cancelled, scores will count for the league even if some members decide not to finish their round.
- You will register for the league through the computer screen in the pro-shop. It will be an extra option when signing into your weekend competition. Your Entry Fee will be deducted from your Competition Purse.
- The registration process is open now and the closing date for entries is Sunday 13th
Entry Fee is €10
Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the winner of the “Winter to Spring League” 2019 and also to each Category Winner and runner-up.